There are several use cases for our SAN token; some have already been implemented, others are in active development. Let’s cover the most important ones below:
Access to historical and real time Santiment data
Staking (holding) SAN currently gives you access to various parts of our platform:
- SANgraphs (formerly SANbase Dashboards) are accessed by staking 200 SAN or more
- Full historical data (for all) and real time data (for most) metrics on SANbase, SANsheets and API becomes available by staking 1000 SAN.
Santiment data gives you a 360° overview of the entire crypto market and its biggest driving forces. This includes:
- Custom on-chain metrics for BTC, EOS, ETH and 700+ ERC-20 projects (and more being added)
- Custom social metrics, sourced from 100s of Telegram groups, crypto subreddits, private trading channels and more.
- Development activity metrics for over 970+ crypto projects
- Basic fundamental data, including price, volume, market cap etc.
- Custom signals for a variety of on-chain, fundamental and social triggers
In the near future, rather than staking, many of our products will likely require regular payments.
The price for accessing various parts of the Santiment platform will be discounted for SAN token holders, adjusted for the amount of SAN held.
In essence, the discount for SAN holders is currently 100%, as we want to encourage people to try our data and provide us with feedback. That discount % will be adjusted in the near future, but the fundamental idea will remain.
Speaking of utility cases that are currently in development, the SAN token will also become the backbone of Santiment's future curation market, its community and internal economy.
We have already begun incentivising some members of our ’SAN Clan’ (community leaders) to share their insights and custom market analysis (all powered by Santiment’s data) by giving away small amounts of SAN.
Staked SAN tokens and those received as reward by Santiment or its community members will also be used for weighted voting within the Santiment community.
We envision a 'mana'-like resource that is derived from the amount of tokens a user has staked, but replenishes over time and can be used to participate in our emerging curation market.